Yard waste collection runs from April 4, 2017 through November 28, 2017. Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, and brush under two inches in diameter.
You can also mulch lawn clippings back into your lawn or compost them for use in your yard. Download more information on mulching and composting.
Prepare yard waste as follows:
- Use a 20 - 30 gallon can with the "Yard Waste" sticker affixed to container. Stickers can be obtained at the Village offices. Do NOT use plastic bag liners. Face the sticker toward the street.
- Use a large paper yard waste bag (30 gallon size for sale at local hardware stores). Do NOT use plastic bags or paper grocery bags.
- Bundle brush and branches. Each branch cannot exceed 2 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length. Tie bundles up to 18" around weighing less than 60 pounds.
Yard waste will NOT be collected if:
- Set out in any type of plastic bag
- Mixed with garbage
- Container or bundle weighs over 60 pounds